Electronic Prescription Service
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS Service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescriptions to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from. If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP, you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose. It will also give you the choice to collect your prescription from a pharmacy that is near you or in our case get it delivered.
Is the Electronic Prescription Service Reliable, Secure And Confidential?
Yes absolutely. Your electronic prescription will only be seen by your GP practice, the Pharmacy and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now.
- Prescriptions are processed more efficiently and less time is spent on small queries
- There is a reduced use of paper and patients receive a more efficient and timely service
- Patients can get their repeat prescriptions from a pharmacy without visiting their GP, and won’t have a paper prescription to lose
- Nearly all Pharmacies will be connected to the service, so you will be able to get your medicines from any Pharmacy you choose, whether it’s near home, work or even online.
- If any of the medicines on your prescription are out of stock when the Pharmacist receives your prescription, they can be ordered in ready for you.
- We deliver your prescriptions to your door